Messageboard

You are not logged in.

#1 Tue 4th Oct 11 11:40

Will

New to Ice Hockey

Hey, I'm looking to start playing Ice Hockey (hopefully this Sunday) but I need a pair of skates first. I don't actually know my exact size, so to avoid having to send the skates back over and over again to get it right I was wondering if anyone had any skates around size 10.5 / 11 that I could try on for size.

Cheers and hopefully see you Sunday!

#2 Tue 4th Oct 11 15:26

Warren
Site Admin
Website

Re: New to Ice Hockey

Hi Will, I've got some size 10 skates but I am not going to be around this weekend unfortunately.

Equally, if you go to the shop in the rink the boys in there both play hockey so should be able to sort you out.

Its all about TEAMWORK - Play as a team, lose as a team, win as a team.

#3 Tue 4th Oct 11 19:06

ratz
Management

I have some 10.5s you can borrow, you do need a full kit though mate

#4 Tue 4th Oct 11 21:37

Will

Thanks anyway Warren, I expect I'll see you round soon anyway. And ratz, that would be great if you don't mind, when would be best for you?

I had a word with Lloyd who said he'd have a look round and see if he can scrape together some parts of a second-hand kit, but I will need to buy the rest new, although looking at it I'm thinking I probably wont have it all assembled by this coming sunday.

#5 Tue 4th Oct 11 23:18

Warren
Site Admin
Website

Best betis to put a shout out on here for kit, let us know what you need as between the guys I think we have most bits in most sizes - plus buying it second hand is a winner all round.

Buying new from the shop is good but you are better off knowing what size you want and what type of kit you like before investing. Thats what most people do to start.

Its all about TEAMWORK - Play as a team, lose as a team, win as a team.

#6 Wed 5th Oct 11 07:53

Nightingale
Player

I've got a full players kit if you need to borrow bits. How tall are you?

No one cared who I was until I put on the mask...

#7 Wed 5th Oct 11 16:29

ratz
Management

I have my old skates in the coaches room, that card I gave you, he has secondhand kit as well.

#8 Wed 5th Oct 11 17:12

Will

I've just been down to the shop at the rink and tried on a pair of 10s which were slightly too small, so I think a 10.5 would probably be right on.

I think I'll do that when I know which bits I need Warren, it does seem a good plan. That sounds great Nightingale, I'm around 6 foot 4 and would usually wear a large or extra large shirt, although mediums usually fit too. Don't know if that's of any help to you?

When would you be around for me to try them on Ratz? Whenevers best for you, it's just I can't order any skates until I know what size I am for sure.

Last edited by Will (Wed 5th Oct 11 17:16)

#9 Wed 5th Oct 11 17:29

Nightingale
Player

I'm 6'2, so my stuff should fit you pretty good. I'll bring it to the rink and you can pick out any bits you need to borrow.

#10 Wed 5th Oct 11 17:35

Biff
Player

I got shows, helmet and other bits a pieces for sale if needed. - going cheap./

icehockey21.gif 54.gifTopplyman.gif
You cant just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again!

#11 Thu 6th Oct 11 17:28

Will

Cheers Nightingale, that's really helpful. And Biff - I'll let you know when I know, still unsure of what I'll be missing.

Are the skates in a locker in there Ratz? When would be best for you for me to try them on?

Last edited by Will (Thu 6th Oct 11 17:31)

#12 Sun 9th Oct 11 17:45

Nightingale
Player

Hi Will, are you still coming to the rink tonight? Have you also thought about a stick? Someone at training will have one you can borrow!

#13 Sun 9th Oct 11 17:53

DaveT
Site Admin
Website

Will - one etra bit of info. If you do come out for the first time tonight, can you ask for either Warren, Doug or myself so we can let you know the score with fee's etc should you decide to stay with us.

#14 Sun 9th Oct 11 18:45

Will

Yeah, I'm still planning on heading over tonight - missing a couple bits and pieces (shirt, skates, box and stick, all fairly major!), if there's any spares that would be cool, but if not I'll still be making a showing, putting names to faces and seeing what the training is like. And sure, will do Dave.

#15 Sun 9th Oct 11 19:13

Doug
Management

Will, if you are still short of bits then come over to the coaches room (someone will tell you where it is) and we will try and sort you out

CHAMPIONS!!!!

#16 Tue 11th Oct 11 08:34

Will

Cheers to everyone who lent me kit, will definitely be back next sunday. Dave (I think) - you mentioned you had an old stick you were looking to sell, is that still the case?

#17 Tue 11th Oct 11 16:00

DaveT
Site Admin
Website

Yep. I'll bring it along

Board footer