Messageboard

You are not logged in.

#1 Fri 19th Aug 05 23:27

Warren
Site Admin
Website

What do you reckon to the shirt designs on the news page?

A teams jersey is an important thing, and chances are we'll be wearing it a while - so what do you make of the shirt designs?

What about the colours, designs, logo, fonts, etc..

Its all about TEAMWORK - Play as a team, lose as a team, win as a team.

#2 Fri 19th Aug 05 23:41

Raff
Website

Re: What do you reckon to the shirt designs on the news page?

My vote goes to the one on the right - looks tuns better.

Cheers

Matt

#3 Mon 22nd Aug 05 08:59

leg-end

Yeah i'm with Matt, I want the one on the right, the other one looks a bit plain.

#4 Mon 22nd Aug 05 09:35

DaveT
Site Admin
Website

My Vote is also with theone on the right, though I would like to see the team name on the front of the shirt

Dave

#5 Mon 22nd Aug 05 11:21

Raff
Website

For those that were not there last night, Steve is back from Canada, and I have asked him to contact Warren to sort out the shirts and designs.

Personally, if we can I would like to go with the design we had previously, and the best quality we can get for 30 GBP, but given that my opinion doesn't count after next week, its up to you guys.

Also we are looking at a potential deposit system for the shirts rather than a buy your own. This way the club should be able to purchase some spares and recoup some money in the kitty. Those that forget their shirts would then be fined some of their deposit. Part of the deposit would be repayable at the end of the season in exchange for the shirt. Tina and Dave are hammering out the details.

If anybody knows of a potential sponsor, please give Dave the details asap.

Regards

Matt

#6 Mon 22nd Aug 05 13:03

leg-end

I was thinking bout this on my long drive home last night and i've got to admitt i'm not in favor of it that much. Boo i hear you cry but wait i'll explain. I understand that it will creat some money for the kitty but what happens when we need to take money out of the kitty to use help pay for ice time on a short numbered session? That money taken out will effectivly be someone elses' money, i mean what happens when we are in that situation enough times to start running the kitty dry then where do we get the money from to give back the the players? I'm not having a go if that can be answered then i dont have a problem, after all i'm a big boy i can remember to pack my shirt before games.

#7 Mon 22nd Aug 05 13:34

Raff
Website

The way this worked at the fraternity side I played on was as follows:

If you were a member of the frat (I wasn't) you were allowed to put $40 dollars in the kitty to claim your shirt number and have your name on it. You were then responsible for your shirt.

The $40 dollars would go into the kitty. $20 of this would be refundable at the end of the season upon return of the shirt. The other $20 went to the purchase of spare shirts, re-naming of shirts, rink hire, spare equipment, reduced training price for frat members, admin, game fees etc.

If you came to a game without your shirt, you could "rent" a spare for $5 a game. This was deducted from the refundable part of your $40.

The kitty (bank account) always then had to have a minimum balance of the clubs liabilities. i.e. if 10 shirts were on deposit and everyone had a good memory then $200 was the minimum on deposit at the bank. Most of the players kept their jersey's so ended up owing the kitty for their fines, at the end of the season (and being frat members they always paid these up as they were automatically added to their yearly subs).

Regards

Matt

#8 Tue 23rd Aug 05 23:06

ANDY

Yep, I like the swirley design on the right too. Don't forget I'll need a big one !!

#9 Wed 24th Aug 05 18:01

Tina

Hi Warren,

I prefer the one on the right ias it is more striking. The one on the left is a bit wishy-washy and nondescript. Tina

#10 Thu 25th Aug 05 20:41

Damon 6
Website

I would agree with the majority, the shirt design on the right definitely has something more about it.

#11 Sat 3rd Sep 05 16:53

pete 31

i also like the one on the right
and yes andy will need an extra extra large one  lol

Board footer