Messageboard

You are not logged in.

#1 Tue 21st Nov 06 16:20

No_Lost_Causes
Website

Game News

Have noticed that the game news section has ceased to be what it says.. should be a long post with a match report, probably by management, THEN discussion. That way people that weren't there can get a gist of it. It started off like that and i think it looked a lot better, these days it's just whoever gets home first slapping on a "well done lads" or something then we all discuss, so there isn't actually any game news as such.

.....youngblood.gif.....
gifs_06.gif

#2 Wed 22nd Nov 06 09:38

grant
Player

Re: Game News

who's doing this match report then? I'm sure they are looking for volunteers

#3 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:08

No_Lost_Causes
Website

i'd say if we have a bench coach then they'd be the best choice. or a spectator. someone not actually playing if possible so as to be neutral.
Obviously this won't usually be available so maybe we rotate, or just find the most objective person.

.....youngblood.gif.....
gifs_06.gif

#4 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:16

Schlong
Rookie
Website

ralfy do you wanna sit out and do it all the time?

#5 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:24

No_Lost_Causes
Website

why? you think you might stand a better chance at actually getting a point this year?

.....youngblood.gif.....
gifs_06.gif

#6 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:29

Biff
Player

Ooooooohhhhhh.

Just because the puck rebound of his stick and got his first goal, he starts the point accusations. 

Just wait till End of season and then add them up.   Mind you, wont be hard to add up the Number 1 really!!

If you do get any more, just get one of the kidz you work with to help you add them up!! Ha Ha wink  lol  :twisted:

icehockey21.gif 54.gifTopplyman.gif
You cant just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again!

#7 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:33

Schlong
Rookie
Website

go on biffy!!!!!!!!!

ralfy how many goals have come off the back of your own hard work? is that none i hear? all your goals are tap ins from 2 yards out - i believe you got jonny a bottle of bear for 'setting' up your goal!

all about the apples for me, all about the apples!

#8 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:34

No_Lost_Causes
Website

first goal??? think you'll find it was 4th. and as it goes, didn't i get 2 more points than you last year too?

all in i think i'm on 7 and you're on 4 still... so hmn...

.....youngblood.gif.....
gifs_06.gif

#9 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:36

Biff
Player

Err No. Looks like you got it wrong again

You play 20 games and scored 3

I played 13 games and scored 4

roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll  roll

You cant just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again!

#10 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:38

No_Lost_Causes
Website

what's your point? you would most probably play another 7 and still not score... anyway... bored of all the slanging matches.

.....youngblood.gif.....
gifs_06.gif

#11 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:39

No_Lost_Causes
Website

oh.. and i said POINTS.. in which i had 3+3... i pass on occasion...  wink

.....youngblood.gif.....
gifs_06.gif

#12 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:44

Biff
Player

No you dont pass, it just goes through you stick and some else scores it.  Then you run around like a mad thing saying I was the assist!!

Seriously, Come On!! roll

#13 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:48

No_Lost_Causes
Website

it goes through my stick? biff, you're the one skating all over the shop with the stick up in the air "like you just don't care" waiting for the big slap. i don't know that i've ever seen you pass... lol.
anyway... i hereby withdraw from all negative inter-team banter. say what you will, i am done for the day.

.....youngblood.gif.....
gifs_06.gif

#14 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:52

Schlong
Rookie
Website

ralfy to be fair you go for almighty slap shots all the time

#15 Wed 22nd Nov 06 13:55

No_Lost_Causes
Website

only now i learned how to hit the puck a little bit!! (cheers loyde and korff!!) lol. and in fact i only shoot about 1/3 of the time, and not if someone's in a better position than me. i'm far more likely to be sliding around on my butt (thanks sven!!) chasing the puck down than banging a shot or trying to dribble

.....youngblood.gif.....
gifs_06.gif

#16 Wed 22nd Nov 06 16:28

Biff
Player

I do pass, just not to you lol  lol

#17 Wed 22nd Nov 06 16:58

Warren
Site Admin
Website

negative inter-team banter

About sums up a lot of posts today. Recently we are getting into a big brew-ha-ha about nothing. We are one team, playing for fun. No leagues, no cups, no Conn Smythe trophy... Let's just try and enjoy it. Bored of reading slaning matches between us.

You're all right and you're all wrong in equal measures. Let's keep it constructive and aim to get better together.

Although the idea of having a Biff - Andy - Nick line is appealing for Friday night!

Its all about TEAMWORK - Play as a team, lose as a team, win as a team.

#18 Wed 22nd Nov 06 17:15

Schlong
Rookie
Website

go for it just as long as i can centre it ha ha ha!

#19 Wed 22nd Nov 06 17:22

Warren
Site Admin
Website

You still here!

Its all about TEAMWORK - Play as a team, lose as a team, win as a team.

#20 Wed 22nd Nov 06 19:45

Biff
Player

Does that make me D then?  Ha Ha

And Yes Still Here!!

And, if not, then still me in Centre.  I'm well up for this!!

Board footer