Messageboard

You are not logged in.

#1 Tue 30th Aug 05 14:27

Warren
Site Admin
Website

Stockholm, Sweden

I was orginally planning to go and watch London Racers play in Belfast but was surprised at how much it would cost, which made me look into cheaper alternatives - and one of the best places to go in Europe is Sweden.

Stockholm, without hockey, is one of the best cities in Europe to visit and has a lot to offer. Add to this three hockey teams playing out of two rinks (next doors to each other) and it then becomes even better!

Djurgarden (www.difhockey.se) is the main side playing out of Globen Arena, which is a site to see, and then there is also Hammarby (www.hammarbyhockey.se) and AIK Stockholm (www.aik.se). Three fantastic sides that generate a lot of talented players that go on to play all over the world. I travelled there using Ryanair (2 to 2.5 hours) but as always they land some distance from the city. For Stockholm Ryanair use Vasteras and Skavsta.  I chose Skavsta which is approx 1 hour coach ride away.

Both Skavsta and Vasteras have their own sides if you don't fancy the bus ride into Stockholm.

Flights can be got as cheaply as £40 return, and hotels are normally £50 or less for two people sharing. Tickets to the games are comparable to the UK if not cheaper.

All in all... £40 flights, £20 coach to city centre, £50 2 nights hotel, £20 games (2 games).. £130 for two nights in Stockholm.

Cannot emphasise how nice a place Stockholm is and it possible to see the whole city and catch a couple of quality games for a reasonable price.

If you want anymore information then please drop me a PM.

Warren

Its all about TEAMWORK - Play as a team, lose as a team, win as a team.

#2 Sat 26th Nov 05 13:33

Warren
Site Admin
Website

Re: Stockholm, Sweden

Picture speaks a 1,000 words and all that...

globenarenaoutside.jpg

and inside...

globenarenastockholm.jpg

something a little small right next door for the other two teams...

hovetarena.jpg

Its all about TEAMWORK - Play as a team, lose as a team, win as a team.

#3 Fri 24th Nov 06 16:24

No_Lost_Causes
Website

Re: Stockholm, Sweden

So do you get any money from either Ryan Air or the Swedish tourist board?

.....youngblood.gif.....
gifs_06.gif

Board footer