Messageboard

You are not logged in.

#1 Tue 22nd Nov 11 08:40

Farqs 7
Player

Spam Posts

Just a general query as I have noticed a lack of use of the forum of late and I'm guessing that's due to all the SPAM POSTS, as users will not be sure if this can affect personal PC's in the same way that spam can affect email??? But are we planning to do anything about the invasion of the notice board?? Genuinely interested and no criticism intended?

wink wink wink

#2 Tue 22nd Nov 11 23:23

DaveT
Site Admin
Website

Re: Spam Posts

We've  made some changes to the registration process to the forum so users now can not post when they register without Warren or myself letting them in. I've not seen any Spam posts since the changes were made. Next step is stopping the spammers registering in the first place. 

Spam posts on the forum will not infect your PC so long as you do not click on any links in their posts.  Normal rule of Internet security applies, never click on a link if your don't know where it's going, simples !!

As for the lack of posts, it just seems that not too many people have much to say at the moment, I think smile

#3 Thu 24th Nov 11 08:27

Farqs 7
Player

Re: Spam Posts

Nice one, local Madness IT Geek. Knew you were on the case but thought I'd ask. See you Sunday. The 12's are playing Bracknell on Saturday at the rink if your at a loose end and want to get some shutter practice. 16.15 FO

Cheers Farqs wink

Board footer